In case, you haven’t noticed, I love my salads. I could literally live on salads for as long as they are up to my standards. The recipe below was my lunch on the day I received our fresh produce for the week –I get them delivered.
2 handfuls wild rocket
6 cherry tomatoes
1 ripe avocado
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Freshly squeezed juice of ½ lemon
1 tbsp sesame seeds
• Prepare the salad dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Set aside.
• Wash the wild rocket. Process them in a salad spinner. Wash and quarter the cherry tomatoes. Mix the tomatoes and wild rocket in a salad bowl.
• Place avocado on cutting board. Insert knife into stem end; slice into halves lengthwise to the pit, turning avocado while slicing. Remove knife blade; twist both halves to pull apart. Slice the inside of the avocado halves into sections. Don’t worry if you cut right through the peel. Use your fingers to separate the avocado segments from the peel.
• Add avocado slices to the salad bowl.
• Sprinkle the salad with sesame seeds.
• Mix well and serve.