This is a simple yet delicious vegan pasta salad flavoured with fresh herbs and sweet capsicum. You could use this recipe as a base and add other pasta salad compatible ingredients such as spring onions, pitted olives, tomatoes, cucumbers or different fresh herbs other than dill and parsley.
1 cup small shell-shaped pasta
1 clove garlic
½ red capsicum
1 handful black olives, pitted
2 tablespoons fresh dill
1 handful fresh continental parsley
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and garlic, and simmer for about 5 minutes or until al dente, and drain.
- Put the garlic to one side for the dressing. Put the pasta in a bowl.
- Cut the capsicum, carve out the membrane and remove seeds. First cut the capsicum into thin strips and then dice finely. Place in the bowl.
- Wash, dry and chop the herbs and place these in the bowl.
- Using a fork mash the cooked garlic clove on the board with a little salt, add to the salad.
- Add the oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and seasoning. Drizzle over your salad and serve.
Note: I used spirals in this recipe as you can see in the photo but I have to admit small size pasta is better.