The recipe I am going to share with you came from a fellow blogger in Turkey. Her blog –it’s actually a website- is one of those food blogs that I follow although it is not vegan. I like her writing, photography and her recipes too -most of them can be easily veganised. She was also nice enough to give me permission to publish her recipe on VegFusion.
Before you start here’s a few tips:
• The vegan fish has to be thawed. I used 6 pieces which is enough for 2 people.
• The orange sauce also works as a glaze. If you have time, try marinading fish chunks for awhile.
6 pieces Lamyong Vegan Chunky Fish, thawed
1 tbsp grated orange rind
1 navel orange
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
To prepare the glaze/sauce:
• By using a zester, peel the rind of the orange, then squeeze its juice.
• Mix the orange rind and orange juice with red wine vinegar, add salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
To fry the chunky fish:
• Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
• Brush the mixture on one side of the vegan fish –or simply dip each piece in the orange sauce.
• Fry both sides of the chunky fish, basting them occasionally with the orange sauce.
• Remove the chunky fish from heat and pour the rest of the sauce into the same pan. Quickly turn the heat up and cook the sauce until it thickens, stirring constantly.
• Pour the orange sauce over the chunky fish and serve immediately.