I used the whole pack of chicken pieces. You could, of course, use less if your ramekins are small and still make it enough for 4 people. Both The Redwood Vegideli Gourmet Meat Free Chicken Style Pieces and Soia&Soia Soy cream can be bought from The Cruelty Free Shop online.
Vegan Chicken Casserole with Vegan Cheese Sauce
1 pack The Redwood Vegideli Gourmet Meat Free Chicken Style Pieces (300g)
1 ½ cup frozen peas
1 large carrot
1 small onion
2 tsp Massel chicken style stock powder (heaped)
A handful dill
Freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Vegan Cheese Sauce:
1 pack Soya soy cream
1 tbsp savoury yeast flakes
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
• Slice the onion, peel and dice the carrot. Wash and chop dill, set aside. Boil carrot and peas in separate pots until tender.
• Heat some oil in a pot, add the onions and stock powder which works like salt. Brown onions and add carrots and peas. Once vegetables are cooked add chicken pieces. Stir well and season with freshly ground pepper. Add dill on the last minute and remove from heat.
• Put the oven on –I used the grill function as you are doing this just to melt the vegan cheese.
• In a small pot, mix soy cream, savoury yeast flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and salt together. Heat through on medium heat, stirring constantly until the Vegan Cheese Sauce is hot.
• Mix your Vegan Cheese Sauce with Bring together the vegan cheese sauce and rest of the dish. Stir well and brown the top in the oven for 15 minutes. I divided the whole thing into four ramekins. However, there is no reason why you shouldn’t use a one-piece baking dish and serve from that.