This stew is easy to make and it tastes even better the next day. Serving suggestions: pilaf with raw onion or green salad.
1 tin Woolworths Select Cannellini Beans
½ tin Sanitarium Casserole Mince
1 small brown onion
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp concentrated tomato paste
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Chopped flat leaf parsley to garnish
1 tsp Massel Stock Powder Beef Style
1 tsp sweet paprika
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp chilli flakes
• Peel and chop onion.
• Drain the cannellini beans and rinse well. Put them aside in a colander.
• In a small bowl, dilute the tomato paste with boiled water.
• Heat oil in a pot and brown onions with salt and stock powder until they are fried thoroughly.
• Add veggie mince and garlic. Fry them all together for 3 minutes and add the spices –sweet paprika, black pepper and the chilli flakes.
• Add the beans and diluted tomato paste. Add more boiled water to a level just above the ingredients and once it’s boiled cover and reduce the heat. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thick.
• Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.