Tofutti Sour Supreme is a non-dairy imitation sour cream which seems to be filling a huge gap in my kitchen. I have been substituting both sour cream and yoghurt in my recipes with Tofutti Sour Supreme with great success. I was quite pleased with Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and I decided to give Sour Supreme a chance and it turned out to be quite delicious as well as practical.
Ingredients: water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, isolated soy protein, maltodextrin, tofu, non-dairy lactic acid, cellulose, locust bean, guar and carrageenan gums, sugar, salt, veg. mono and diglycerides, potassium sorbate (added as a preservative).
Vegan Summer Squash in Sour Cream is one of the recipes on VegFusion that uses Tofutti Sour Supreme.
Vegan Summer Squash in Sour Cream
½ kilo summer squash, quartered
1 spring onion (those ones with a large head on)
½ bunch dill, chopped
4 tbsp Tofutti Sour Supreme
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Juice of ½ lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
• Steam squash until al dente. Drain and set aside until they are cool.
• Wash and chop spring onion and dill.
• Transfer squash into a large salad bowl. Add spring onion and dill.
• In a smaller bowl, mix salad dressing ingredients. It will be a little thick at first but that’s OK.
• Mix salad dressing well with squash, spring onions and dill and serve.