Vegideli vegan mince is a soy based mince which is fortified with vitamin B6, B12 and Omega 3 and 6. It does not require long cooking methods, just heating through is enough and this alone makes VegiDeli Mince an incredibly fast and versatile product. All you need to do is to add your mince to your dishes on the last minute, that’s all!
Water, Gluten, Vegetable oil, Soya Protein, Textured Vegetable Protein, Ground Flax, Inulin, Wheat Fibre, Flavouring, Salt, Malt Extract, Sugar, Thickener – Carrageenan, Onion Powder, Zinc Sulphate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12
Note: Contains Gluten, wheat and soya protein.
I use it in vegan shepherd’s pie (recipe below), lasagne, spaghetti bolognese and meatballs –if I have time to make them from scratch.
Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
½ pack The Redwood Vegideli Gourmet Meat Free Mince
1 small onion, peeled and chopped finely
1 small carrot, peeled and diced
1 cup garden peas, frozen
2 large potatoes
1 cup Bonsoy Soy Milk
2 tsp (heaped) The Redwood Vegideli Gourmet Vegan Gravy Powder
Nuttelex, to glaze
Salt and pepper
• Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until very tender but not falling apart.
• Heat some oil (2 tbsp) in another saucepan. Fry the onions and the carrots until they are soft. Add the peas, stir well.
• Sprinkle the gravy mix and add just a little bit of water (100ml) so that it dissolves properly. Season with salt and pepper. When the peas are cooked add The Redwood mince, stir well and remove from the heat.
• To prepare the mashed potato: Drain potatoes well. Return to the saucepan over low heat. Shake pan gently until any remaining water evaporates. Using a potato masher, roughly mash potatoes. Add the vegetable oil or Nuttelex and soy milk. Beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy. Season with more salt if necessary.
• In individual ramekins (baking dishes), arrange the mince and cover them with mashed potato. Place the ramekins under the grill and grill for 5 minutes. Take them out and spread some Nuttelex with a knife and put them back in the oven. Brown the top and serve immediately.
Once you open the pack you have 2 days to use the whole pack. So I recommend you freeze the rest.