This was a side dish to all the other Indian dishes we had two days ago. Because, I already posted some of the other recipes before I thought this one, too, deserves the same fame as the others.
300 gr okra
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp turmeric
Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
• Soak the okra in a large bowl of lightly salted water for about 5 minutes.
• Trim away the stem just above the ridge, then slice the okra into miniature wheels.
• Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the onions until the onions are browned. Add the spices and fry for about 30 seconds, then add the okra and season with salt. Stir well and cook , stirring frequently to prevent the okra from sticking to the pan, for about 8 minutes or until done.
• Drizzle lemon juice just before you remove the dish from the heat.
• Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.