Capsicums take on a slightly smoky flavour if roasted in the oven to make a fresh, colourful and delicious salad.
1 large red capsicum
1 large yellow capsicum
1 large green capsicum
½ cup walnut kernels (shelled)
½ bunch continental parsley
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Quarter the capsicums, remove the cores and seeds then squash them flat with the back of your hands. Arrange the capsicums skin side up on the baking tray.
Grill capsicums until skin blisters and blackens. This will take about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the capsicums from the oven, cover with a clean tea towel until they are cool enough handle. Then peel off the skins and cut them into thin strips and place into a bowl.
- Chop walnuts coarsely and parsley finely then add to the capsicums.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and combine well.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
Recipe Note: Roasted Capsicum Salad with Walnuts can be prepared a day before and stored in the fridge until serving time.