I haven’t been brought up with roast potatoes and they have never been my thing until I moved to Australia but I’m loving them. In winter, we have a sort of roast
vegetables pretty much every week and we have it with Sanitarium Vegie Roast.
2 large kumera (sweet potatoes)
6 kipfler potatoes
2 teaspoon Herbie’s Cajun Spice Mix
• First, preheat your oven to 180ºC. my oven is absolutely brutal so I go for 150 ºC which is like 180 or 190 ºC in normal standards.
• Peel your Kipflers and cut any longer ones into 3 pieces and the smaller ones into 2 pieces so they’re all an even-size.
• Wash your potatoes in cold water to get rid of any extra starch then tip into a large pot, cover with cold water and season well. Bring to the boil and cook for about 15 minutes after the water is boiled.
• In the meantime, peel sweet potatoes and clean them with paper towel.
• When your Kipflers are parboiled, drain them and return to the pot so that they can be completely dry before they are baked.
• In a large bowl, toss Kipflers and sweet pottaoes with olive oil and transfer into a baking dish in one layer. Season with salt, pepper and Herbie’s Cajun Spice mix (be generous with spices). Toss well and pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. Take them out and give them a good stir. Pop them back in for another 20 minutes.
• After 40 minutes of baking them should be fine but each oven varies. So poke them with a knife to see if they are baked thoroughly or not. If the knife goes in fine then they are done!