If you are fed up with a straight forward roast potatoes as a side dish and want something different then Potato, Asparagus and Avocado Salad is just the right thing for you. It is light, creamy -thanks to avocado for that- and filling too!
2 medium potatoes
1 bunch thin asparagus
1 avocado (slightly soft)
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ bunch parsley
¼ bunch dill
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
• Wash potatoes and asparagus. Peel potatoes and cube them evenly. Remove the woody ends of asparagus.
• Steam potatoes until they are just cooked. Remove potatoes from steamer and steam asparagus this time until they are just cooked as well.
• While potatoes and asparagus are being steamed, wash parsley and dill. Dry them with paper towel or process them in salad spinner and chop.
• In a salad bowl, combine potatoes and asparagus. Let them cool.
• In the meantime, prepare your salad dressing: Squeeze lemon. In a small bowl, mix mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk with a fork until the dressing is homogeneous.
• Once cooked vegetables are cool, halve the avocado, remove its pit and slice.
• Combine avocado and herbs with potatoes and asparagus. Whisk salad dressing one more time and pour the dressing over the salad and serve!