This side dish that I am sharing with you today has been one of my favourites of all time. I remember making it a lot when I first got to Australia. I used to use straight forward, plain semi sun-dried tomatoes then I discovered a smoked variety at Coles. The moment I discovered them and started using them in this dish I knew that there was no way of coming back from that. Well, until Coles stopped selling them and that’s when I stopped making it.
All that has changed recently when we discovered Harris Farm Market in Mosman during the Easter weekend. And there they were; those babies were sitting in the fridge section. I quickly checked the mushroom situation. That was good too and after that, it was easy to put it all together. I hope you enjoy this side dish as much as I do.
10 new potatoes, washed and sliced thinly
250 gram Gourmet Mushroom Mix (see photo below)
½ pack Hickory-Smoked Tomatoes (see photo below)
1 twig rosemary (long one)
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped coarsely
2 clove garlic, peeled and cut into strips
Salt and pepper
• Cook the potatoes in ActiFry for 25 minutes until they are crispy. Set aside. If you don’t have an ActiFry, then boil them in their skin and slice them thinly. Then set aside.
• Separate the enoki and oyster mushrooms and wipe the rest with a damp towel. Slice them into strips –not too small though as they will shrink when cooked anyway.
• Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet). Add the oyster mushrooms and the sliced ones to the pan first and fry them until they are slightly soft, stirring constantly.
• Drain and add the hickory-smoked tomatoes, rosemary and garlic.
• Once all the mushrooms are done, add the potatoes. Give it a good stir.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Just before you remove the whole dish from heat, add enoki mushrooms and chopped parsley and serve warm.