I have had a jar of Vessimix Vegetarian Chilli Paste and Mushroom in Oil in my pantry for quite some time. It was about time to do use it. I consulted Lamyong’s recipe section and found one. Pad Cashew Nut. However, I didn’t have the ingredients for it. So, I went for the photo on the jar itself.
But first things first…
Let’s talk about Vessimix Vegetarian Chilli Paste and Mushroom in Oil. It’s a stir-fry sauce. I believe it’s Thai but I could be wrong. It has the full body and heartiness from the mushroom and heat from its chilli content.
Here’s the ingredients list:
• Soybean oil
• Dried chilli
• Chinese mushrooms
• Modified corn starch (E1422)
• Caramel colour (E150c)
And now for the recipe:
Pad Cashew Nut, VegFusion Style
50 gr raw cashew nuts
150 gram Lamyong Vegetarian Crispy Soy Slices, defrosted
150 gr green beans (the baby ones), topped, tailed and sliced
100 gr red capsicum, cut into cubes
1 tbsp Vessimix Vegetarian Chilli Paste and Mushroom in Oil
50 ml water
Some steamed jasmine rice, to serve
• Heat the wok over medium heat. Add raw cashew nuts and toast them lightly. Remove from the wok and set aside.
• Wipe clean the wok with paper towel.
• Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in the same wok over high heat this time. Add Lamyong Vegetarian Crispy Soy Slices. Fry them until golden brown. Remove from the wok and set aside.
• Add another 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the wok and once it’s hot add the green beans. Cook the beans until they are nicely browned and slightly blistered. Halfway through cooking the beans, add the red capsicum and cook until they are tender.
• Add Vessimix Vegetarian Chilli Paste and Mushroom in Oil and water to the vegetables. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
• Combine previously fried Lamyong Vegetarian Crispy Soy Slices and toasted raw cashew nuts with the rest of the cooked ingredients in the wok. Give it a good stir and make sure all is heated through.
• Remove from heat and serve on steamed rice.