Vegan MoFo Day 9
Button mushrooms are so suitable for grilling and marinating. Another advantage with these robust mushrooms is the fact that they sit in the fridge after they are cooked and marinated until you need them. They make an interesting addition to al fresco lunches and dinners and are essential part of Mediterranean Garden Platters too.
400 gr button mushrooms, wiped with a damp cloth
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp lemon rind, shredded
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Light olive oil
Salt and pepper
• Preheat the grill. Line your oven tray with aluminium foil and place the grill on top.
• Brush the mushrooms with light olive oil and cook under the preheated grill. They need to be turned every now and then.
• Combine oregano, lemon rind, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper together.
• Toss the mushrooms in this oregano and lemon mixture in a glass jar and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Shake the jar every now and then during the marinating process.
• Serve Oregano and Lemon Marinated Mushrooms cold as a starter with rustic bread and salad.