Experimenting with vegan blue cheese…
200 gr macaroni
3 baby leeks or 1 large leek, chopped finely
4 walnuts, shelled and chopped coarsely
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp plain flour
1 cup soy milk
1/3 The Redwood Cheezly Blue Style Cheese
Salt and lots of freshly ground pepper
• Cook macaroni according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
• Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the leek until they are soft.
• Mix together the leeks, parsley and macaroni.
• Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add flour and stir well. Add the soy milk and cook until it reaches a consistency of a sauce. Stir in grated vegan blue cheese. When the cheese is melted remove from the heat and mix with macaroni. Add salt –if necessary- and pepper.
• Place the mixture in an oven-proof dish and bake for 10 minutes. Serve hot.