The Whipped Coconut Milk Cream part of this recipe is not one of my own. I won’t even try and come up with my own recipe for this because you cannot beat Kathy’s recipe on lunchboxbunch. I just used it in this Fruit Cup. Enjoy!
1 punnet strawberries, washed and halved
1 punnet blueberries, washed
A drizzle orange liquor (optional)
Handful pistachio nuts, chopped
For Whipped Coconut Whipped Cream:
1 can full fat coconut milk (placed in the fridge overnight)
1 tsp sugar vanillin
To make the vegan whip cream:
• Open the can of coconut milk without shaking it or turning upside down.
• Carefully spoon out the top layer of opaque white stuff that has gathered at the top of the can. Spoon into a mixing bowl. You will be left with about 1/2 cup of white syrup-y looking translucent liquid. Leave this in the can. Add the sugar vanillin to the white stuff.
• Whip the coconut milk froth until creamy with a hand beater or use the electric one if you have it. Same results. If you are using the electric one, start on low and move to a higher speed, move the beater in an up and down motion to infuse the mixture with as much air as possible.
• Place half the berries and strawberries in beer glasses. Drizzle with orange liquor (if using) and half the nuts.
• Top them up with half the coconut cream. Create another layer of fruit and then top them up with another layer of cream. Sprinkle the rest of the nuts on top. Chill and serve.
Note: You can also use this whipped cream on top of vegan ice cream, for cream pies or even in your coffee.