Now that I posted information about pine mushrooms, I can show you how you utilise this fantastic varietal. This is such a fast and easy recipe and sautéing pine mushrooms brings out the nutty flavour in them. The recipe below serves 2.
200 grams fettuccine
6 pieces pine mushrooms, stem removed and cut into small pieces
1 thick spring onion, chopped
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
• Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
• Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan –I use my wok as it makes it easier to combine –and sauté the mushrooms.
• Separate the green parts of the spring onions and set aside.
• Halfway through the sautéing process add the white parts of spring onion and cook until they are slightly limp.
• Drain pasta and add to the mushrooms. Add salt and pepper and combine well.
• Sprinkle with parsley and spring onions just before you remove it from the heat. Serve warm and enjoy!