Fettuccine in Creamy Prawn and Bacon Sauce
Every week, we have one pasta dish for dinner. Supermarket bought ready to go, pop-out-of-the-jar style pasta sauces can be very practical. I use Arabiatta, Bolognese (by adding vegetarian mince to it), there is Napolitana and an olive variety as well. They are all tomato based as you can tell. So, it gets a little boring after a while.
To remedy the boredom situation in pasta dishes, I decided to add creamy pasta sauces to my repertoire. My Creamy Lemon Fettucine with Mushroom, Spinach and Pine Nuts was the first attempt and we enjoyed it so much. The recipe below is my second attempt. I think the second one is just as interesting as the Creamy Lemon Fettucine with Mushroom, Spinach and Pine Nuts. What do you think, Peoples?
Fettuccine in Creamy Faux-Prawn and Faux-Bacon Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 vegetarian prawn, thawed
2 rashers of Sanitarium Bacon Style Rashers
200 grams dry fettucine
1 tablespoon butter
1 tub thickened cream
1 tablespoon chives, snipped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
• Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan and add vegetarian prawns. Fry them on both sides and set aside.
• In the same frying pan, fry Sanitarium Bacon Style Rashers on both sides. Drain and set aside. Once Sanitarium Bacon Style Rashers are cool enough to handle cut them into small pieces.
• Meanwhile, cook fettucine according to packet instructions. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Add the butter and mix well making sure the butter is melted fully and fettucine is coated well.
• In a frying pan (or a skillet), heat the thickened cream with garlic and lemon juice. Once blended, add vegetarian prawn and Sanitarium Bacon Style Rashers. Season with salt and pepper.
• Combine fettucine and the sauce. Serve immediately with snipped chives on top.