I find potatoes incredibly versatile –yet, please don’t make me list all the things you can make by using potatoes here. Anyway, potato salads are probably one of my favourites in the realm of potato possibilities.
Just like my other dishes here on VegFusion, my version of this classic is –again –different. I actually don’t boil potatoes for salads anymore; I ActiFry them. The recipe below, yhough, covers both boiled version as well as my version which is ActiFried. Hope you enjoy VegFusion style curried potato salad.
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2 tbsp (heaped) vegan mayonnaise
1 tsp (heaped) Dijon mustard
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 green onions, chopped
1 tsp mild curry powder
Fresh chives, chopped
• Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover by several inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, add ½ tablespoon salt, and reduce to a gentle boil. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain into a colander.
• If you own an ActiFry; place the potato cubes in your ActiFry and add a tbsp of vegetable oil. Set the timer to 25 minutes. When it’s done, place the potatoes in a large bowl and let it cool.
• Place mayonnaise, curry powder, and salt in a large bowl; whisk to combine.
• Add potatoes, green onions and chives to mayonnaise mixture. Stir to combine.
• Chill until ready to serve.
• Sprinkle the salad with more fresh chives and serve.