Corn Omelette with Tomato and Cucumber Salad is perfect lunch for 2. I make this omelette in an electric non-stick pan, then cut it in half. Serving an omelette with a little bit of salad lightens things up a great deal. It is also nice with a dollop of mayonnaise mixed with Dijon mustard on the side.
Corn Omelette with Tomato and Cucumber Salad
½ cup frozen corn kernels
1 spring onion
2 twigs continental parsley
1 tbsp or 2 vegetable oil
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
A pinch black pepper
For Tomato and Cucumber Salad:
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cucumber (Lebanese), chopped
2 twigs fresh dill, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Salt to taste
• To make the salad: Mix together the tomatoes, cucumber and dill. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and salt and drizzle over the salad.
• Cook corn kernels in a small pot. Remove from the heat and rinse under cold water. Drain well and set aside.
• In a bowl, lightly whisk eggs with a pinch of salt. Add sweet paprika and black pepper. Add chopped spring onion and parsley.
• Heat the oil in a pan. Whisk the egg mixture one more time and add it to your pan. Swirl it around for even distribution. Sprinkle the cooked corn around and make sure they are submerged in the mixture well.
• When one side of your omelette is browned well, flip it over –you might like to use 2 spatulas for the job. Once it is all browned well, cut it into two with one of the spatulas in the frying pan. Serve immediately with the salad.