I am always on the look-out for some fast and easy lunch options for our weekends in case we stay at home. That’s how I discovered Linda McCartney’s pies in the first place. The way of discovering the recipe for … Continue reading →
Remember my Toasted Faux-Tuna Salad Sandwich recipe that I posted last week? If you have left-over faux-tuna salad mixture, here’s another way of using it.
1 pack baby peppers (I bought mine from Woolworths and it was a pack of 7)
1 tin chickpeas (420gr), drained and rinsed
1 small carrot, peeled and crated
1 stalk celery, chopped finely
1 tsp Rice Seasoning (I used Nori Komi Furikake brand which is a mixture of sesame seeds, salt, sugar and seaweed)
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
• Cut the top of the peppers, remove its membrane and seeds.
• Place skin-side-up in single layer on oven tray first. Grill until skins blister, wrap peppers in a clean cloth, stand for 5 minutes, peel away skin. Don’t overcook as they need to keep their shape so that they can be stuffed.
• To make the faux-tuna salad: Drain and rinse the chickpeas, mash them with a potato masher. You could use a food processor however, you need to be careful as you don’t want them to be too mushy.
• In a bowl, mix the mashed chickpeas, grated carrot, chopped celery, dill, rice seasoning, vegan mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
• Arrange the baby peppers on a serving dish. Fill each one with faux-tuna salad mixture and serve.
Some of you may remember one of my previous posts called A day to remember and the food was vegan. The post was about hosting Tony Cowell at our place at the time he was was touring with Kenny Wiz as … Continue reading →